You are reading this lesson on the software. Yes, you read it properly on one software. Actually, computers cannot work alone. The computer needs some work tools and premises. These tools and programs work only on computers.
Let us know the software you are talking about in this lesson – what is software? Types of Computer Software?
And other complete information about the software
What is software?
Simply tell, the program’s name is a software. More to say, there is a set of software programs that run computers and equipment. The software provides users the ability to work on a computer. Without software, the computer will be usable. As such, you cannot read this lesson if you do not have a browser on your computer. Apart from this, MS Office, Photoshop, Adobe Reader, Picasa are all software that enables you to computer-wide.
Different types of software
The software has been created to facilitate the study. There are two main types of software.
1. System software
2. Application software
1. System Software
System software is software that allows you to manage and monitor hardware. And perform actions between hardware and software. There are many types of system software.
1.1 Operating System
The operating system is a computer program, and other computer programs run. Operating systems work as intermediaries between users and computers. It explains our suggestions on our computer.
- Mac OS
Utility service programs are also known as. It works as a computer resource management and security. However, they are not linked to the hardware directly. In this way, there is a utility program such as disk defragmenter, anti-virus program etc.
1.3 Device Drivers
A driver is a special program that connects input. And output devices to computers so that they can interact with computers. E.g. Audio drivers, graphics drivers, motherboard drivers, etc.
2. Application Software
Application software can be called end-user software because it belongs to the user directly. It is also called ‘apps’. Application software gives users the freedom to work specifically. There are many types of these.
2.1 Native applications
The basic application is also called general purpose software. This is a commonly used software. We use them for everyday activities. The basic application should be used for any computer to work on a computer. Below are some common-purpose software names.
- Word processing program
- Multimedia program
- DTP Program
- Spreadsheet program
- Presentation program
- Graphics application
- Web design application
2.2 Specific applications
Specialized applications are also called Special Proposition Software. This software has been created for a specific purpose. They are also used for specific work. Below is the name was given to the program created for a specific purpose.
- Accounting software
- Billing software
- Report Card Generator
- Reservation system
- Payroll Management System
How to install the software program on the computer?
The complete information about installing a software program on the computer
Installing a software program on a computer or a laptop is very easy. Any computer user knows about the process of installation. And you can install the computer in your fun preference app.
But, as easy as it is to read. It’s not really that easy. Because new users do not know the way to install the software into the computer. So installing a computer program for them is Teddy.
However, after reading this tutorial, you can easily install your computer on your favorite software, games, and apps. We have said in this tutorial on a step-by-step basis how a computer program is installed.
Install the software on the computer
We install programs on computers in two ways.
- Installing the software from CD / DVD
- Install software from the Internet
1. How to Install Software from CD / DVD
1. Install the software from CD / DVD. First of all, insert the CD / DVD of the software into your computer. And wait a little longer.
2. Now open some CD / DVD related options for you. From which you click Run. If you do not open these options in front of you. So go to Computer and open CD / DVD Manually. And from here, double click on the Setup.exe or mouse on the file Install.exe. And follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Doing so will establish the installation of your software. If you ask for an administrative password or confirmation here, then you should also complete. After that, the program will start.
4. When your computer software is installed, the program’s shortcut will appear on your desktop. You can play it by clicking on it.
2. Install the software from the Internet
1. First of all, you want to install any software on your computer. Go to the program’s Web pages and download it. Downloading programs is a safe way. Because you can scan it for viruses.
2. When your software is downloaded. Double click on the mouse. And follow the on-screen instructions.
3. As soon as the program starts installing on the computer. If you ask for an administrative password or confirmation here, then you should also complete.
4. Now let’s install the program. When the software is installed successfully on your computer,
Note: – Before downloading a program from the Internet, it is sure that the programmers and website (where the program is downloading) is reliable. So you can trust them.
What have you learned?
In this lesson, what does the software mean? Different types of computer software and their names. We hope this topic will be useful for you